Praga RV, a fast military all-terrain truck, was the most plentiful military vehicle in the Czechoslovak army in the times preceding the WWII. Army obtained more than 2000 vehicles in the years 1935 to 1938 and employed them for logistic purposes as well as for transport of light artillery and flak cannons. Sixty RV vehicles were modified in 1938 to mobile radio-vehicles with new name RVR. These vehicles became a symbol of the growing crisis in the pre-war period because a vast number of photographs of RVs with Czechoslovak soldiers about to be deployed to nation’s border against Third Reich’s forces flooded the press at that time.
Praga RV was remarkable mostly for its swift operation in even difficult off-road conditions. The vehicle participated successfully in many competitions and was subsequently demanded by armies of Yugoslavia, Poland, Romania, Iran, Sweden, Switzerland and Turkey.